The New Crucified

Kneeling in Prayer in the Garden

I see you in the garden of my womb,
Deep in prayer. What is this eternal
Exchange with the Creator? Your tabernacle
Should be the safest place in the world,
Not Gethsemane.

Fear not little one, I will keep you safe.
But your fear is not for yourself. For your
Brothers…sisters…their gardens are fearful.

Let this cup pass from me

This is their prayer.

This silent abode gives way to voices
Angry, fearful, seeking someone, anyone to blame.

Is there any suffering like my suffering?

My people, what have I done to you? How have I offended you? Answer me!

Someone must carry the burden,
Pay the price for this great offense.

How could this happen, this colossal holocaust?
Was The once and for all innocence shed not enough to
Satisfy? How many have cried…

Upon you was I cast from my birth,
And since my mother bore me you have been my God.
Be not far from me,
For trouble is near
And there is none to help.
Many bulls encompass me,
Strong bulls of Bashan surround me;
They open wide their mouths at me,
Like a ravening and roaring lion.
I am poured out like water,
And all my bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax,
It is melting within my breast;
My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And my tongue cleaves to my jaws;
You lay me in the dust of death.
Yes, dogs are round about me;
A company of evildoers encircle me;
They have pierced my hands and my feet-
I can count all my bones-
They stare and gloat over me…

Rape! Incest! Again the agonizing cry

My people, what have I done to you? How have I offended you?

Innocent blood shed again and again in
Unending sacrifice. Assaulted and violated
Mother and child
Never allowed to grieve from the silent cell of the soul,
Sin giving way to sin to cover the deed.

Cry out for mercy! Confession gives way to
Heal. There is an ocean of mercy.
Father, forgive them. They know not what they do.
Give voice to the silenced, the oppressed
Mother and child.

Little Christs, they can do nothing but love you
Eternally.
Vengeance is not theirs.
Always with their Brother before them they pray,
Having offered the supreme sacrifice for your soul.

Each timeless moment the offering is made in
Heaven and earth.
The new Gethsemane, The new In Persona Christi.
Mercy…Mercy…Mercy…
Hear the soothing balm of the Father
My child, I want you healed of this.

Comments