Rest




 Jesus came to visit with me today

Across the cliffs, the shores, the mountains and the plains

Jesus came to rest

The Son of God has no home

But He came to mine

To rest for a while...


Jesus came to visit with me today

He came to share His burdens

To speak of giving with no return

Of making Himself vulnerable

Only to be abused, yet He kept giving

And because His passion was so great, He came

To rest for a while...


He shared with me His loneliness

He shared with me His heart

He shared with me His pain...

Look and see...Is there any suffering like Mine?

He told me of abandonment...Father...Father....why?

And He prayed and rested for a while...


Jesus came, and I felt unworthy with Him

Under my roof. 

I had nothing to offer but my tears

To suffer with Him in His agony

I knew there were times I had caused His pain

And yet there He was...

To rest for a while with me


And we will rejoice together another day

Because today He rested with me


~photo credit Betty Parquette~

JMJ Epiphany 2023

Comments