Guest post by Christine Houser ~ I Will Not Say This...

You've Got This



I will not say “How did you let this happen?”
I will say “I’m sorry this is happening. I’m right here with you.”

I will not say “You can’t afford a baby.”
I will say “There are resources available to you. Let me help you with the paperwork.”

I will not say “You can’t finish school with a baby.”
I will say “A lot of people graduate after having a baby. Can I help set up babysitting for you?”

I will not say “No one cares about you after the baby is born.”
I will say “I care about you, here are the names of organizations filled with other people who care too.”

I will not say “No one wants a woman with kids.”
I will say “The person worthy of your love will see that you are a beautiful woman and mother.”

I will not say “You can’t carry a baby for nine months and then just give it up.”
I will say “You are courageous. You are the definition of love. I am honored to support you.”

I will not say “It’s just a clump of cells.”
I will say “Would you like to see what your baby looks like right now?”

I will not say “It’s a simple procedure. Once it’s done, you can just move on.”
I will say “I know from experience, there is nothing simple about abortion. Can I share my story with you?”

I will not lie and say “You are an alone, unloved, unworthy, and incapable woman.
I will tell you the truth and say “You are with people who want to help. You are loved with an everlasting love. You are created in the image of God. You are a powerful woman destined for greatness and you can do this!”

-Christine Houser

Comments